The links below are to websites that offer information related to Texas sex offense laws, statistics and other related topics. All website listed below provided information only for the state of Texas. The resources below are listed in no particular order. If you know of any other resources that should be added to the Texas sex offender resource list, please contact us and let us know.
We do not certify, endorse, or control any of these external link. We do not certify accuracy, timeliness of information, and/or working of these links. Use of this information is voluntary and should be independently reviewed for accuracies.
Links will open in a new window.
State Register, Laws & Information
- Texas Public Sex Offender Registry – This is the Texas Department of Public Safety official Sex Offender Registry database. It can be used to view information about a Sexual Offender.
- Council on Sex Offender Treatment Texas Sex Offender Laws/Legislation/Rules – The Texas Department of State Health Services provides information about rules and laws relevant to sex offender treatment in Texas.
- Council on Sex Offender Treatment Council Information – The Council on Sex Offender Treatment is composed of six part-time members, including three members who are representatives of the general public and four members each of whom meets the Council’s requirements for licensure as a sex offender treatment provider.
- Contracted Sex Offender Therapy Providers (pdf) – A list provided by the Texas Department of Public Safety of contracted sex offender therapy providers.
Support & Counseling
- Hope & Freedom Counseling Services – Hope & Freedom Counseling Services provides individual, couples, and group therapy for men and their partners where sex addiction is a factor.
- Youth and Family Centered Services – Youth and Family Centered Services is dedicated to providing affordable and successful health, education and life skills to children and adolescents who have been abused, neglected and are intellectually, emotionally and behaviorally challenged. They provide juvenile sex offender treatment and are located in Austin, Texas.
- O’Brien Counseling Services – O’Brien Counseling Services offers a variety of services with several Licensed Counselors. Mostly known for its treatment of sex offenders, O’Brien Counseling Services also has counseling services for other disorders as well.
- Pocasangre’s Counseling Services – Susan Pocasangre has been counseling couples, individuals and groups for approximately 10 years, specializing in helping people cope with the daily stressors in life that we all face. She specializes in sex offender treatment and is located in Houston, TX.
- Center for Healthy Sexuality – Dr. Levinson has treated individuals and couples that have public and professional lives that make it difficult to get the requested help they need. Her knowledge of special demands of public life and her ability and commitment to confidentiality is always foremost in her mind. She specializes in sex offender treatment and is located in Houston, TX.
- Gateways Counseling – Dr. Shapiro is a Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress, a Diplomate and Board Certified Forensic Examiner, and a Certified Criminal Justice Specialist. In addition, she also is a Licensed Sex Offender Treatment Provider and a Doctoral Level Addictions Counselor. Located in Lubbock, Texas.
- Sex Therapy Therapists in Houston – A list of sex therapist in the Houston area. You can find sex therapist located in Texas by searching this website.
The law offices listed below can assist with dealing with a sexual crime defense,removing your name from the registration (if possible by law), divorce or child custody battle. They can also assist with other legal matters you may have.
- Sumpter & Gonzalez , L.L.P – Defends sex cases by assembling a mountain of mitigation that shows the person you really are: Everything from reference letters from your friends and family to your school records. Located in Austin, TX.
- Chrysalis Ministries – Chrysalis Ministries (formerly Bexar County Detention Ministries) an interfaith agency, began in 1941 with a small group of local pastors who provided worship services and pastoral counseling at the County Jail. Chrysalis Ministries staff and volunteers provide religious services, support groups, and/or educational classes in 10 adult and juvenile detention and treatment facilities in the San Antonio Metropolitan and Karnes City areas.
- New Name Ministries – New Name Homes offer non-denominational Christ centered residential reentry facilities established for helping former sex offenders reentering society from prison. We offer assistance in job placement, life skills, mentoring, finance classes, accountability and building healthy relationships. Located in Ft. Worth.
- Hope Prison Ministries – This is where you can learn more about transitional housing, find help locating it for a loved one, and learn more about what to expect after they are released. Finding transitional housing can be one of the most difficult challenges the person being released, their friends and/or family will face. They do request a donation for helping find transitional housing.