The links below are to websites that offer information related to Florida sex offense laws, statistics and other related topics. All website listed below provided information only for the state of Florida. The resources below are listed in no particular order. If you know of any other resources that should be added to the Florida sex offender resource list, please contact us and let us know.
We do not certify, endorse, or control any of these external link. We do not certify accuracy, timeliness of information, and/or working of these links. Use of this information is voluntary and should be independently reviewed for accuracies.
Links will open in a new window.
State Register, Laws & Information
- Florida Public Sex Offender Registry – This is the Florida Department of Law Enforcement official Sex Offender Registry database. It can be used to view informatin about a Sexual Offender.
- Florida Sex Offender Laws – A listing of Laws Related to Sex Offenders and Sex Offenses in Florida.
- Juvenile Sexual Offenders and Their Victims: Final Report – The Task Force on Juvenile Sexual Offenders and Their Victims was given a broad mandate to examine all aspects of how the State of Florida processes and treats juvenile sexual offenders and their victims. It was published in 2005. (This is a .pdf file)
Support & Counseling
- The Florida Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers – The Florida Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers is the Florida State Chapter of ATSA, an international multi-disciplinary professional association dedicated to the research and treatment of sexual offenders. They are located in Gainesville, Florida.
- Dr. Patrick B. McGinnis – Dr. Patrick B. McGinnis is a licensed mental health counselor, sex therapist, relationship counselor, and addictions professional practicing. He is located in Vero Beach, Florida.
- Family & Adolescent Counseling Services – Family & Adolescent Counseling Services has the expertise to assist teens and their families who are experiencing abusive behaviors (sexual, physical, and/or emotional) anxiety, depression, addictive behaviors, poor self-esteem, negative self-image, self-destructive behaviors, gender and sexual identity issues. They are located in Largo, Florida.
- Children Advocacy Center of Southwest Florida – Children Advocacy Center of Southwest Florida offers outpatient treatment program serving adolescent and adult sexual offenders as well as individuals with sexual addictions including addiction to Internet pornography. We also provide services for family members and spouses impacted by the sexual addict or sexual offender. View the Program Services for details. They are located in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Intensive Treatment Modalities – The Intensive Treatment Modalities (ITM) offer comprehensive programs developed for juveniles, adults and developmentally disabled adults.Treatment is offered in 14 different locations throughout North Central Florida.
- The Village Counseling Center – The Village Counseling Center (VCC) offers a variety of services including counseling, assessments, training and clinical consultation. They provide Sexual Behavior Treatment for Children and Adolescents and are located in Gainesville, Florida.
- Whitford-Thomas Group – The Whitford-Thomas Group (WTG) offers sex offender assessment and treatment in Tampa Bay, Florida.
- Chautauqua Offices of Psychotherapy and Evaluation – Chautauqua Offices of Psychotherapy and Evaluation, Inc. (COPE) a private, not-for-profit community mental health center in Walton county. The Center offers a comprehensive array of quality mental health and substance abuse treatment services including sex offender treatment.
- The Chrysalis Center – The Chrysalis Center offers the STARRT out-patient program focusing only on treating children and adolescents with problematic sexual behavior. They have 3 location in Florida: Ft Lauderdale, Lake Worth, and Miami.
- The Institute for Family Centered Services – IFCS has earned the reputation for successfully serving families with the most challenging and difficult circumstances, utilizing powerful and rigorous interventions via intensive in home services to maximize community safety. They offer a treatment program for adult sex offenders and sex offender assessment. Please visit their site to find a location nearest to you.
The law offices listed below can assist with dealing with a sexual crime defense,removing your name from the registration (if possible by law), divorce or child custody battle. They can also assist with other legal matters you may have.
- Whittel & Melton, LLC – The Florida Sex Crimes Defense lawyers at Whittel & Melton, LLC are dedicated to defending those charged or accused with a sex crime from Key West to Pensacola and everywhere in between.
- Law Offices of Tad Yates, P.A. – For over 17 years, Tad A. Yates has defended individuals accused of sex crimes. The Law Offices of Tad Yates, P.A. are located in Orlando, FL.
- Hanlon Law – William Hanlon is a Tampa Florida sex crimes lawyer with nearly 20 years of experience addressing a wide range of sexual offenses. His knowledge of the law and his insight into Florida courts, prosecutors and judges allows him to offer the advice you need to understand your charges, the penalties you face and the options you have for defending yourself. Located in Tampa.
- Law Offices of Brian E. Gonzalez, P.A. – People throughout Florida turn to the Tampa Law Offices of Brian E. Gonzalez when their own futures are on the line, or when a family member has been accused of being a criminal sex offender. We recognize that false arrests and mistaken allegations are common in rape, sexual abuse, and other sex crime cases, and we will go the distance to protect your rights. Located in Tampa.
- Crime Lawyer Craig Epifanio, P.A. – At the St. Petersburg, Florida, law office of Craig Epifanio, P.A., we know what is at stake and we will zealously fight for justice on your behalf. We have helped a significant number of clients — both adults and juveniles, overcome sex crimes accusations through diligent, focused and aggressive legal work, and we believe that we can build a strong defense on your behalf, too.
Housing for those on the Florida Sex Offender Registrations
- Palace Mobile Home Park – Specialized Housing for Sex Offenders in St. Petersburg, Florida
- H4SO, Inc. – H4SO, Inc. is a privately owned property management company that specializes in providing housing for sex offenders. All residences are pre-approved with the Florida Department of Corrections for those on parole and probation. CRD locations are also available on a limited basis.
- Helping Offenders Successfully Transition – H.O.S.T. Transition Services provides sex offender housing, sex offender transition consulting and sex offender resources for offenders recently released or soon to be released.
- Sex Offender Housing of Florida – Sex Offender Housing of Florida is home to men who have served their time and simply want to move on with their life. We house ex-offenders who are doing their best to stay clean and green.
- Matthew 25 Ministries, Inc – Provides a compassionate recovery community for ex-offenders who are willing to take responsibility for themselves and learn to make viable choices while striving for success.
- Housing for Sex Offenders – We find housing for sex offenders throughout Florida. We find apartments, houses and other homes, to rent, or buy near your desired area. We also have shared homes.
- Florida Justice Transitions – Florida Justice Transitions is an organization established to assist Ex-offenders with productive and responsible re-entry into society. The program offers; Housing, Counseling, Mentoring, Agency Assistance and compliance assistance.
- Offender Housing LLC – Offender Housing LLC is an Orlando-based cooperative which mediates resources for offender’s who are wholly committed to successfully reintegrating into local communities throughout Florida. Through collaborative partnership agreements, the company is able to provide housing, vocational training, medical care and other services to meet client specific goals in an effort to promote and reinforce rehabilitative objectives.
- Helping Offenders Successfully Transition – H.O.S.T. provides consulting with transition issues including sex offender housing and many other services. We are aware that not everybody has money, and yes we do assist indigent people. We can determine your sex offender housing needs whether it’s for someone currently incarcerated due to be released soon or whether they’ve already been released. We offer sex offender housing whether the offender is serving probation or not. We have sex offender housing that not only meet the restriction requirements but that also fit your financial budget. Located near Orlando.
- Florida Action Committee – Florida Action Committee (FAC) intends to educate the media, public, and legislators with facts versus myths about sex offenders. FAC works to reform the SO laws and registry in Florida. With Unity comes Change.
- The Florida Action Committee (2nd Website) – The Florida Action Committee is a committee for and comprised of people in Florida who would like to work to make a difference in the lives of many Floridians.
- Florida State Senators – Find out whom your state senator is and ways to contact him/her.
- Florida House of Representatives– Find out whom your state House of Representative is and ways to contact him/her.
- Florida Governor – Find out whom your state’s governor is and how to contact him/her.