The links below are to websites that offer information related to Michigan sex offense laws, statistics and other related topics. All website listed below provided information only for the state of Michigan. The resources below are listed in no particular order. If you know of any other resources that should be added to the Michigan sex offender resource list, please contact us and let us know.
We do not certify, endorse, or control any of these external link. We do not certify accuracy, timeliness of information, and/or working of these links. Use of this information is voluntary and should be independently reviewed for accuracies.
Links will open in a new window.
State Register & Laws
- Michigan Public Sex Offender Registry – This is the Michigan State Police official Sex Offender Registry database. It can be used to view information about a Sexual Offender.
- Michigan Sex Offenders Registration Act – AN ACT to require persons convicted of certain offenses to register; to prohibit certain individuals from engaging in certain activities within a student safety zone; to prescribe the powers and duties of certain departments and agencies in connection with that registration; and to prescribe fees, penalties, and sanctions. This is ACT 295 of 1994.
- Sex Offender Registry Summary of Legislation – A summary of amendments to the sex offender laws in Michigan. (This is a .pdf file)
Support & Counseling
- Rosenberg & Associates – Specialists in sex offender therapy, assessment, and research. Rosenberg & Associates also provides psychosexual forensic evaluations and reports, consultation, and training services. They are located in Southfield, Michigan.
- Turning Point Youth Center – Turning Point Youth Center offers highly structured residential treatment designed to assist males who require psychiatric treatment in a secure setting. This is for adolescent males and located in St. Johns, Michigan.
- Dr. Steven R. Miller – Dr. Steven R. Miller is a Forensic Psychologist who is fully licensed in Michigan and is also a Michigan Certified Consulting Forensic Examiner with 30 years of experience in the criminal, civil and family courts of Michigan. He consults sex offenders and is located in Grosse Ile, Michigan.
- The Children’s Center (Detroit) – The Children’s Center- Detroit outpatient programs include child, adolescent & family counseling, an adolescent sexual abusers program, chemical dependency treatment and services for youth who are both emotionally and mentally impaired. They are located in Detroit, Michigan.
- Michigan Citizens for Justice – Michigan Citizens for Justice is a group that offers support and information for those people convicted of sex offenses and their family. There is much stigma and many overly-strict laws in our society that make it difficult for these people. These laws can actually have seriously negative effects not only for those directly affected, but on their families, and on the safety of the public.
- Michigan Reentry Law Wiki – This Michigan Reentry Law Wiki is a collaborative effort of a group of advocates interested in Reentry Law issues in Michigan. Includes a section for housing and employment.
- Got a Record? Know Your Rights – A good document that covers one’s right when it comes to employment when that person has a felony on their record. The document was created by the State Bar of Michigan.
- Michigan Votes – Michigan Votes gives users instant access to concise, plain language and objective descriptions of every single bill, amendment, and vote that takes place in the Michigan legislature. Unlike any other bill tracking utility, Michigan Votes, is unique because all legislative actions are described – not just those selected by a particular interest group. It is searchable by legislator, keyword, and 50 subject categories, so users can create their own custom “voting record guide.”