The links below are to websites that offer information related to California sex offense laws, statistics and other related topics. All website listed below provided information only for the state of California. The resources below are listed in no particular order. If you know of any other resources that should be added to the California sex offender resource list, please contact us and let us know.
We do not certify, endorse, or control any of these external link. We do not certify accuracy, timeliness of information, and/or working of these links. Use of this information is voluntary and should be independently reviewed for accuracies.
Links will open in a new window.
State Register, Laws & Information
- California Sex Offender Management Board – The California Sex Offender Management Board mission is to focus on addressing issues, concerns and problems related to community management of adult sex offenders by identifying and developing recommendations to improve policies and practices.
- California Public Sex Offender Registry – This is the California Office of the Attorney General official Sex Offender Registry database. It can be used to view information about a Sexual Offender.
- California Sex Offender Registration and Exclusion Information – Information about who has to register, how often, and other important information regarding the sex offender registration in California. It also discusses information about who can become excluded from the California sex offender list.
- Glossary Of Terms Used in the Management and Treatment of Sexual Offenders by the CASOMB – A list of terms used by the California Sex Offender Management Board as it relates to their dealings with managing those on the California sex offender registration.
- Community Treatment and Supervision of Sex Offenders: How It’s Done Across the Country and in California – The purpose of this study is to examine community placement trends involving the least serious to the most serious sexual offenders, what the placement process involves, who is responsible, who is involved, when the community is notified, and to review the most successful treatment trends. In addition, California sex offender policies and practices will be examined and compared to national trends and innovations in specialized sex offender treatment and management supervision. (This is a .pdf file)
Support & Counseling
- Jill Denton, Sex Therapist – Since 1992, Jill has made a special study of sexual addiction and dysfunction and their effect on family life. She is located in Los Osos, California.
- Sex Addiction Therapy in San Mateo – Services provided by Gene Piver. He has 30 years of practice centering around addictions like sex, drugs, and alcohol. He is located in San Mateo, California.
- Impulse Treatment Center – They have extensive experience and advanced training working with sexual addiction and offer their professional expertise, to promote healing in a safe, confidential environment. They are located in Walnut Creek, California.
- Paul Slakey, Sex Addiction Therapist – Paul Slakey is a sex addiction therapist who specializes in males with sexual addictions and the people that love them. He is located in Oakland, California.
- Sexual Recovery Institute – They provide assessments and treatment for sexually addictive behaviors including compulsive masturbation, child pornography, and others. They are located in Los Angeles, California.
- The Star Program – The STAR Program is an outpatient treatment program dealing with Sexual Trauma, Addiction, and Recovery for all persons regardless of sexual orientation, race, or culture who find themselves unable to cope with their life due to offending and/or addictive sexual behavior. They are located in Downey, California.
- Del Amos Hospital – Sex Offending Recovery Program which utilizes a 12-step addiction model combined with trauma recovery elements to interrupt the cycle, and to encourage personal responsibility and increased victim empathy. They are located in Orange, California.
- Dr. June Martin – Dr. June Martin focuses on sex therapy and psychotherapy. She has over 20 years experiences in this field. She is located in San Mateo, California.
- California Coalition of Sexual Offending – California Coalition of Sexual Offending (CCOSO) is a recognized leader in providing expertise, training, education, and legislative guidance in treatment, management and research related to sexual offending. CCOSO and its chapters strengthen local and statewide agencies and professionals to enhance community safety.
- Barry T. Levy, MFT and Associates – Barry T. Levy, MFT and Associates offers group sex offender treatment to adults and adolescent. They are located in Long Beach, California.
- Law Offices of Staycie R. Sena – Law Offices of Staycie R. Sena provides a list of sex offender treatment providers in the Orange County area. This list is towards the bottom of the page.
- Orange Psychological Services – Orange Psychological Services sex offender solutions (S.O.S.) program is to provide a higher level of community protection by assisting individuals who have engaged in illegal or deviant sexual behavior. They are located in Orange, California.
- The Counseling & Psychotherapy Center Inc. – The Counseling & Psychotherapy Center Inc. offers a variety of specialized sex offender treatment programs throughout the state of California. Visit their website to find a location nearest you.
- Sharon O’Hara, MFT – Sharon O’Hara, MFT offers counseling for sex addicts and their families. She is located in Torrance, California.
- Toni Cavanagh Johnson, Ph.D. – Toni Cavanagh Johnson, Ph.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist in private practice in South Pasadena, California. She has been working in the field of child abuse for 27 years as a researcher, trainer and clinician. For the past 22 years, Dr. Johnson has provided highly specialized treatment for children 12 and younger with sexual behavior problems.
- Chrysalis – Chrysalis is a Los Angeles based non-profit dedicated to helping economically disadvantaged and homeless individuals become self-sufficient through employment opportunities.
- California RSOL – California RSOL’s goal is to seek fair and equal justice through the courts. We seek to educate people into the facts about sex offenders. We want to get rid of the mass hysteria that comes along with sexually based crimes. Most importantly California’s RSOL group wants to fight any new threatening laws that come on the voting table.
- California State Senate – Find out whom your state senator is and ways to contact him/her.
- California State Assembly– Find out whom your state Assembly representative is and ways to contact him/her.
- Contact California Governor – Find out whom your state’s governor is and how to contact him/her.
Any .pdf file needs Adobe Reader to view. Click here to download Adobe Reader.