The links below are to websites that offer information related to Iowa sex offense laws, statistics and other related topics. All website listed below provided information only for the state of Iowa. The resources below are listed in no particular order. If you know of any other resources that should be added to the Iowa sex offender resource list, please contact us and let us know.
We do not certify, endorse, or control any of these external link. We do not certify accuracy, timeliness of information, and/or working of these links. Use of this information is voluntary and should be independently reviewed for accuracies.
Links will open in a new window.
State Register & Laws
- Iowa Public Sex Offender Registration – This is the Iowa Department of Public Safety official Sex Offender Registry database. It can be used to view information about a Sexual Offender.
- Iowa Sex Offender Registration Quick Reference Guide (pdf)- A quick reference guide to the laws regarding what those required to registered need to follow.
- Iowa Sex Offender Registration Application for Determination (pdf)- Form to request the Iowa Department of Public Safety to determine (A) Whether the offense(s) I have been convicted of requires me to register as a sex offender in the state of Iowa. (B.) Whether the period of time during which I am obligated to register has expired. (C.) Whether my information should be exempted from the Department of Public Safety Web Site under Chapter 692A. (D.) Whether the Tier Level assigned to me is within guidelines established in Code of Iowa Chapter 692A. (E.) Whether I should be exempt from Residency Restrictions as established in Code of Iowa Chapter 692
- Iowa Sex Offender Treatment and Supervision Task Force – This web page provides information about the Iowa Sex Offender Treatment and Supervision Task Force.
- Statement on Sex Offender Residency Restrictions in Iowa (pdf) – A report prepared by the Iowa County Attorneys Association about their assessment of restricting where a sex offender can reside. This report was written in 2006.
- Iowa Board for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers – The Iowa Board for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers is a non-profit multidisciplinary corporation that provides expertise, training and professional certification in the field of sexual abuse.
- Woodward Academy – Woodward Academy is an all-male program which offers three unique programs that are tailored to serve youth with a variety of specific treatment needs. These are a 90-day highly comprehensive program targets youth new to the criminal justice system and are in need of a short term intervention, a community residential program for youth who are in need of a longer length of stay, and a program for males in need of sexual offender treatment. Located in Woodward, 25 miles northwest of Des Moines.
- Sex Therapy Treatment Centers in Georgia – Help with sex therapy in Iowa City or for an Iowa City sex therapist these professionals provide sex therapy, sex psychotherapy, sex therapy counseling and sex offender therapy and Iowa City sex offender Therapist. They include sex therapists, sex psychologists, sex psychotherapists and sex counselors.
The law offices listed below can assist with dealing with a sexual crime defense,removing your name from the registration (if possible by law), divorce or child custody battle. They can also assist with other legal matters you may have.
- Gourley, Rehkemper & Lindholm, PLC – GRL Law is one of only a handful of law firms in the State of Iowa that has successfully litigated a sex offender registry modification. Contact us now for your free initial consultation if you meet the requirements set out above. Located in West Des Moines.
- McCarthy & Hamrock, P.C. – At McCarthy & Hamrock, P.C., our criminal defense attorneys have nearly a half century’s worth of combined experience taking on some of the toughest cases. A capable Des Moines sex crime lawyer from McCarthy & Hamrock, P.C. can fight for your rights. We will seek to expose every weakness, every false accusation and every exaggerated claim in the case against you. Located in West Des Moines.
- Hooper Law – In plea negotiations or at trial, I will fight to prevent a sex crime conviction or minimize the criminal punishment and collateral damage. I am confident I can improve your situation, no matter how bleak things look. Hooper Law is located in Council Bluffs and serves Pottawattamie County, Cass County and surrounding counties of southwest Iowa.
- Law Office of Jeffrey A. Smith – If you have been charged with or are facing a criminal investigation for any type of sex crime in Ottumwa or Oskaloosa, Iowa, or throughout Iowa, we strongly urge you to contact the Law Offices of Jeff Smith to schedule a consultation with him as an Ottumwa / Oskaloosa sex crimes attorney. With more than 20 years of legal experience, he can provide highly-qualified and comprehensive legal representation. Located in Oskaloosa.
- Iowa Citizens for Change – Iowa Citizen for Change focuses on being court watchers, legislative watchers and education programs to help educate the public on negative effects of the sex offender registration.
- Iowa Legistrators – Find out who your state representative is and ways to contact him/her.
- Iowa Governor – Find out who your state’s governor is and how to contact him/her.