The links below are to websites that offer information related to Alabama sex offense laws, statistics and other related topics. All website listed below provided information only for the state of Alabama. The resources below are listed in no particular order. If you know of any other resources that should be added to the Alabama sex offender resource list, please contact us and let us know.
We do not certify, endorse, or control any of these external link. We do not certify accuracy, timeliness of information, and/or working of these links. Use of this information is voluntary and should be independently reviewed for accuracies.
Links will open in a new window.
State Register & Laws
- Alabama Public Sex Offender Registration – This is the Alabama Department of Public Safety official Sex Offender Registry database. It can be used to view information about a Sexual Offender.
- Alabama Sex Offender Registration And Community Notification Statutes – Information about the Community Notification Statutes and registration for Sex Offenders living in Alabama. (This is a .pdf file)
- Sex Offender Community Notification Law – Sex Offender Community Notification Law requires convicted adult sex offenders to notify local law enforcement of their residence within the community where they are living.
- Alabama Department of Public Safety FAQ – This is a web page that provided by the Alabama Department of Public Safety with Frequently Asked Questions in regards to the sex offender laws in Alabama.
- Alabama Department of Public Safety FAQ – ABSOP offers a comprehensive assessment and treatment program designed to provide innovative and responsive psychological services for juvenile justice-involved adolescents, generally ages 13-18, who have been committed to DYS for a sexual offense. The guiding principles of the ABSOP program are community safety, holism, and empiricism. A joint project between the Alabama Department of Youth Services and Auburn University Department of Psychology
- Sex Therapy Therapists in Alabama (AL) – Find a therapist near you that specializes in sexual issues.
- Dr. Frankie L. Preston, Psy. D., Inc. – Therapist from Huntsville, AL that has worked with the North Alabama Sex Offender Group Treatment Program. He is approval by the Alabama Department of Youth Services to evaluate and treat Juvenile Sex Offenders.
- Crossroads To Intervention – Outpatient counseling for: Alcohol& Drug , Alternative Lifestyle, Anger management,Mental health, Conflict resolution, Sexual abuse, Criminal offender, Family &Group counseling,Domestic violence,Basic living skills,Parenting skill, Child custody evaluations, Grief counseling and drug testing. Located in Birmingham.
- Center for Marriage and Family Therapy – Mr. Nolin provides Individual, Group, Couple, Marital and Family Therapy in a private practice setting. Other special areas of experience include working with individuals experiencing depression or anxiety. He is co-director of the North Alabama Sexual Offender Treatment Program.
- Registered Former Offenders Restoration Movement (ReFORM) is focused on restoring hope, rehabilitation, and reintegration to Alabama’s registered citizens.
- Alabama Prison Watch Monitoring the treatment of prisoners in Alabama. Documenting Human Rights Abuses for those imprisoned. Prisoners speaking up for Humanity. Empowerment against oppression.
- The Lighthouse for Recovery Ministries – The Lighthouse for Recovery Ministries offers Transitional Resettlement Services for the Homeless, Substance/Alcohol Abuse, Domestic Violence, At-Risk Youth, Animal Advocacy, Veterans and Prison Re-entry, state and federal.
- Alabama State Senators – Find out whom your state senator is and ways to contact him/her.
- Find Your Alabama Representative– Find out whom your state House of Representative is and ways to contact him/her.
- Contact the Governor – Find out whom your state’s governor is and how to contact him/her.
Any .pdf file needs Adobe Reader to view. Click here to download Adobe Reader.